Friday, March 09, 2007

wrong motives

I heard a great sermon this morning about marriage. The preacher was talking about his marriage and how it seems like his wife is the hardest person in the world to show Christ love towards. I've thought about that a lot today. God has blessed me with an AWESOME husband who desires to put Christ first in our home. The Lord gave me a great husband, but he did not give me a perfect husband... just like God did not give Joe a perfect wife. The problem is, sometimes I expect Joe to be as wonderful to me as Jesus is instead of trying to be as wonderful to him as Jesus is to him. I guess that is what I am realizing more and more. Even my love for my husband is affected by my sinfulness. I want my love for him to be motivated by my love for Christ.. Sadly, I am realizing my motivation is more of a love for myself than for the Lord. My motivation is wrong Lord and you are showing me that today. Only you can change this in me. I ask that you would.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always, share such good challenging things! thanks for your thots.

continuing to pray for you guys. any leads?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home