Friday, January 19, 2007

Plumbing problems

This week has been interesting. At the beginning of the week, our toilet, shower, and kitchen sink stopped working. We didn't have any water that you could drink, no way to shower, go the the bathroom, cook, do laundry or dishes. There's two ways to handle this: get upset and become discontent with the circumstances God has placed us in (my first response) or give it to the Lord, trust Him, and laugh.... there has been a lot to laugh at this week. Quite a few times Joe would be studying in his office and I would run in.... leave the kids sitting there and barely make it to the church bathroom. Joe's helped me laugh a lot too, the other day he was leaving and said "is the first or second one yours?" I had no clue what he was talking about and was in the middle of running after one of the kids. He kept saying it and finally I got flustered and snapped at him "what are you talking about". He said "have you been peeing on the first or second tree? I've been using the first one" I think I laughed all afternoon at him. Laughter has been good medicane for us this week. The plumber fixed everything yesterday and now my house smells like bleach. :) Maybe the Lord took all our water away for a week to cause me to stop and beg him to help me be content. It's easy when things are going good, but when those trials come, big or small, I am so quick to fall on my face and realize I am doing this on my own strength again and acting as the world in my trials. Lord, thank you for our plumbing problem because through that you brought me closer to you. love you sabrina

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

When the trial of roaches come, give me a call... We can swap tips; you tell me how to handle raw sewage and I'll share how to hunt out the little devils' hiding places where they enjoy mass producing. It'll be fun girl-talk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home