Monday, January 22, 2007

Fayez's ordination

For those of you that know my brother Fayez, he was ordained at his church last night. The service began with Great is Thy Faithfulness. As we were singing that song, I started to think of dad. He would have been smiling from ear to ear to see Fayez being ordained. I usually just miss my dad for myself, so I can spend time with him, but this time I just wished he was there for Fayez, dad would have been SO proud of him. The tears flowed all night, but they were tears of joy.Anyways, Dr. Davies, from good 'ole CCC came and preached the message. He said one thing that stuck with me. He was saying how when he met Fayez 10 years ago, he was "becoming who he has become". Fayez was the same 10 years ago only "raw". Today I started thinking about what Dr. Davies said last night, about "he was becoming who he has become". My mind goes straight to the little ones God has loaned me. What will they be like 10 years from now if I continue to raise them as I am today? What will their hearts love? What am I doing to make sure those hearts love God? Am I pointing at trees and saying look how pretty or am I pointing at trees and saying "God made that pretty tree for us to enjoy" I can't just assume he will believe there is a Creator, I must teach him there is a Creator, who made all things. I heard a lady say one time "when God gives us our children they are "empty heads".. then she said if we do not fill those empty heads with things of the Lord they will be filled with the things of this world." Let's pray right now God would help us fill these little heads for Him Dear Lord I just pray for all of us moms who have these little children that belong to You. Please Lord, remind us in the busy of our days to look for ways to point our children to You. Lord, on our own, we just forget or get too busy.. Please remind us..please point us towards you in the creation and in the circumstances you bring in our lives. Help us to pray with our children during the day.. please help us Lord. We need You, we are not able to do it without You. In your precious Son's name Amen

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that your comments have gone down dramatically since your first post, so I thought I would put one on here. I got on specifically to make fun of your blog, but you have done a great job, so I have nothing to say.
- your brother in law

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

thank you Sabrina.I really enjoyed your insight about the tree "I can't just assume he will believe there is a Creator, I must teach him there is a Creator, who made all things." a good reminder for all of us!!

(I don't know if u remember me. I'm a friend of Fayez's)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home