Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Godly Woman

I want to tell yall about an awesome family I met this week at a yearly Bible conference we go to in the area, they are the Gilly family. Let me tell you a little about them. Mrs Gilly was barren for 7 years and has had 3 miscarriages, one of these precious babies she carried full term. Over the years, the Lord has chosen to open her womb and bless her with 7 more children. Her 2 oldest children are on the mission field and currently the family is traveling full time in a conversion van staying in hotels across the country while Mr. Gilley preaches at different churches. She is homeschooling the youngest 5 as they travel.

If you met Mrs. Gilly you would see the Lord all over her. She has such a sweet countanance and it is obvious her husband and children adore her. I wish I could sit under her more than just in conversations this week. She recommended 2 books to me that I want to pass on to yall. One is called What the Bible says about child training by Richard Fugate and Child training tips by Reb Bradley. Her husband told me someone gave these books to them before they ever had children and they have always enjoyed them... I'm excited to read them....

She gave me a really good idea to train Noah to sit in church. She said when her kids were younger, she would sit them on the couch (all next to each other) every day after lunch and would have "church practice time" She would put in a Bible tape for the kids to listen to and they had to sit still and listen (with no talking) just as they would sit if they were in church. She said she sat on the couch right across from them with her "rod" and they were expected to act as they would in the service. They started off with 5 minutes and eventually her kids could sit the full service time...I'll let you know how this goes :) Take a look at their websight. It is http://www.ffministry.org/new_page_1.htm She told me there is a "mom" section on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home