Saturday, January 06, 2007

Christian mom??

Here is a quick overview of my day: I wake up, spend time with the Lord, eat some breakfast, find something that is clean and matches (or at least clean :), the kids wake up and the day goes hi-speed from there. Anyways, I can't talk about what I do all day without sharing with yall what God is doing IN me during my days. I remember when Noah was a newborn thinking "man I do the same stuff every day." One day I was standing at my sink thinking, what is the difference between being a christian stay at home mom and an unsaved stay at home mom. I mean, what is the difference .... we do the exact same stuff (feeding, diapers, cleaning, etc..) . I remember that question just got stuck in my brain and I thought about it for weeks!! Being a Christian has to impact how we are a mom even when our children are newborns.. I remember the Lord clearly reminding me of the verse "And whatever you do.... DO ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD!!!!" And then I figured out the difference... I don't know what the motivation for unsaved moms is, but I KNOW my motivation and purpose is to GLORIFY Christ! When the Lord reminded me of this 2 years ago, I began to actually enjoy all the mundane things in my day. When I wash my dishes I can pray dear Lord whoever ate off of this plate today, grow them to be more like you. I LOVE doing dishes when I am praying for my family. When my laundry is more of a mountain than a pile I can thank Christ for giving me a husband and children... We have a different purpose than the person who does not have Christ as their Abba Father. When we look at life as the unbeliever does, we end up acting like we belong to this world. But what a difference our Lord can make in our lives if we are RENEWING our mind in His Word then applying what He teaches us.

5 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Just read your posting about stay at home moms! Now I'm in tears. You are such a sweet inspiration to me, Sabrina! You reminded me how easy it is for us to get bogged down in our day to day stuff and forget what or who we're doing it all for! God is so good! We just recently had the honor of standing at the front of our church with Zoe making her profession of faith in front of our congregation. What a testimony to being a stay at home mom and actively involved in every aspect of her little life! Give the kids hugs and kisses for us! We love y'all!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Fayez said...

I just realized something as I read this BLOG...Somewhere along the line I missed the fact that I have a sister who has become a godly mother and wife. I guess being so close in proximity makes it tougher to see the things that are changing in your life. Im really glad that I am getting a chance to read this.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I remember why I enjoyed our unit devos so much. You always have such good thoughts, Sabrina. Thanks for the reminders. I needed them today!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog but I do think you should have it in audio in your "Man Voice". Guess who:)

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I have really enjoyed reading your blogs! Katie forwarded me the link (its nat) and I have been blessed. As a stay at home mom I want to Glorify God in everything I do and your blog put a great spin on some of my least favorite chores. Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home