Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Love letters to my children

What a day! 3 kids under 3. Some days it's awesome, today it was a train wreck! Going through the details of the day would be nothing more than me complaining. So instead of complaining. I feel the need to TYPE out each one of these little energy balls and remind myself why I love them. Let's start with the one that is the most work.. my little Noah Spurgeon

Dear Noah,
Oh Noah, the amount of work you take is mind boggling. But you also bring me more joy than you will ever know. You make our family FUN! If I wanted to explain you to yourself when you are grown this is what I would tell you. You love to play with soldiers. Your favorite Bible song is "I'm in the Lord's army". You wear your cowboy boots and cowboy hat every day and your favorite toy is "Sherriff Woody" from Toy Story. He is always in your hand. You refer to yourself as "Cowboy Noah". You LOVE Bible stories with any violence in it. If we are outside, you always have a large stick in your hand. You talk constantly. You love to wrestle with daddy every night. Dad and I have had to work a lot with you on learning to control how much you talk. You get a lot of spankings but they are starting to pay off. You are doing a great job learning to control your emotions. You have gotten a lot better at not whining and sharing with georgia. You love to hear any story from God's word. Every morning you ask me to turn your Bible stories on during breakfast and you soak it up. I pray that you continue to love God's word as you grow. I pray that you would not replace your love with the Bible with a love for things that don't matter. I love you

Dear Georgia Anne,
Oh Georgia, you are my sweet girl. I can not imagine having a more precious little girl. You love to be held and to be kissed. You follow me around all day. You always look at me like you want to be just like me, and I always pray, dear Lord, help me to reflect YOU and not anything else. You love having a purse and sticking things in and out of it. You LOVE baby Titus. If he is awake you want to be with him and give him a blanket, a toy, and a lot of kisses. You love to stand at the window when daddy leaves for the day and wait for him to honk the horn at you. You love to stand at the door waiting for him when he comes home and hold your hands up high waiting for his first hug. You love to walk up and give us random kisses on the lips. You are very persistant with your kisses and we always laugh because it's very methodical and serious :) You are very ticklish under your arms and laugh so hard when I tickle you. You like to swing on the swing outside with me in the afternoons. You are so precious to our family. I love you so much

Dear Titus
You are my miracle baby. The doctors did an ultrasound on you in my womb and rushed you out within an hour because you scored a 0 on a scale of 1-10. When you came out, you were perfect. You are only 5 months old so it's hard to tell what you are going to be like. You love Georgia. When you see her your face gets a big smile on it and you start kicking your feet really hard. We dedicated you in church on Sunday. Your Baba's did the dedication. He prayed that you would "be who you say you are" and then he went on to explain the meaning of your name, Titus Owen. I can't remember all that he said because Noah ran up to the front of the church during it, so hopefully your dad can tell you one day. Anyways, it was good :) I love you buddy and am thankful for your precious life

1 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. my eyes are full of tears. this was absolutely awesome to read. thanks for pouring your heart out. i'm sorry you had a tough day! i wish we lived closer so i could come over and watch the kids and give you a break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home