Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A party or the hospital??





Joe said something today that has got me thinking. We were talking about Noah and Georgia and how God has wired them so differently. He said, when I look at Noah and Georgia I see you and me. (for those of you that don't know our kids, that would mean Noah=me and Georgia=Joe). He said, if I were on my way to a party or the hospital, I would want you or Noah by my side the whole time, but day to day tasks and getting things accomplished I'm takin Georgia Anne. Well, this was really funny at first but now I'm stuck on the whole comment. I'm glad Noah and I would get to go for a depressing trip to the hospital or a party once every blue moon, but day to day... our little easy as pie Georgia Anne is the child of choice. Why?

Thinking about what he said, it's true, if Noah or I am involved, there's a good chance something is gonna happen. Sometimes bad and sometimes good. If Joe or Georgia is involved things usually go according to the plan..

SO which one is better? Well, if you're sanguine/outgoing you're gonna say Noah and I have the goods. But if you are melancholy/introverted you're gonna say poor Joe and Georgia, how do they deal with them. the point?

Well, I couldn't be like Joe or Georgia if I tried (and believe me I HAVE tried many times) and if Joe and Georgia tried to be like us, they couldn't... so the point...

DRUM ROLL please

Psalms 139:13-16 says, "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:13-16).


God made all of us just the way we are. We are going to have different struggles and sin issues we have to repent of and work through for our sanctification. A verse that have served me well with my personality is I Tim 4:7 where we are told to "discipline ourselves unto godliness".. Some spiritual disciplines take a lot of effort but they are GOOD for me..

So if Joe is going to the hospital, get your shoes on Noah, we are invited!

3 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true...not because i think of you as going to the hospital alot, but because i would want you with me at the hospital to cheer me up or distract me while they're putting in an IV. i'd want you with me at a party so we could sit in the corner and make fun of people. :)

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Sabrina Gilliam said...

katie
you're so funny. I think you're the only person that reads this thing. Maybe people would read it if I wrote on it more than twice a year :)

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello! My name is Nika! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! I so like your blog! I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. Please e-mail me: zn4hisglory4@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home